- January 14, 2010
- Academic research finds eBay Giving Works listings get more bids, higher prices, and higher conversion rates.
- A recent academic study has quantified the value sellers get by using eBay Giving Works: eBay items supporting charity through eBay Giving Works had a 20% higher conversion rate and 2% higher prices than identical items not supporting charity.
- A study by Raymond Fisman of Columbia Business School, Dan Elfenbein of Olin Business School and Brian McManus of the University of North Carolina reached their conclusions by analyzing more than 150,000 eBay listings over three years. In addition to higher sale prices, bids and conversion rates, they concluded that a charity tie-in may also have reputational benefits for the seller, signaling honesty to potential buyers.
- Forbes.com column about the study
- The full study at Columbia.edu