- October 1, 2009
- Minimum donation reduced to $1
- We’re making it easier (and more affordable) for the eBay Community to give.
- We’re always working on new and innovative ways to make giving easier and more accessible. Lately we’ve been concerned about how the economy has impacted charitable giving , especially to smaller, local organizations. So today we’re excited to announce a change that we think will help:
We’re making giving more affordable
- Starting immediately, we’re reducing the eBay for Charity minimum donation from $5 to $1. We now accept donations as small as $1 from eBay users when they:
- Donate 10-100% of their sale price through Community Selling
- Make an immediate gift through Donate Now
- Add a donation to their eBay purchase and pay by PayPal
- The eBay Community wants to keep giving to nonprofits, even in this economy. They have told us that if we can make it affordable, they’ll give more often. We’ve even seen this in practice: last year we offered buyers the chance to add a $1 donation to their eBay purchase, and they responded with millions of small donations.
Help us help you
- We know that most organizations don’t accept $1 gifts online, but by lowering the minimum we can help you attract new donors and receive more donations. This is also a great opportunity for your existing donors to try eBay for Charity as a new way to support your work.
- We’ll be telling everyone on eBay about this big change, but we need your help to spread the word to your supporters. Make sure you have a link on your website to your About My Nonprofit page. And use this article to help us announce the $1 minimum.