- December 2, 2008
- Encourage Supporters to Shop for Your Cause
- Over the next few weeks, encourage your supporters to do their holiday shopping on eBay for Charity. Let them know that nothing is better than fulfilling someone’s wish list and supporting their favorite cause.
- Opt-in to receive email notices about what is being sold for your organization on eBay through your MissionFish Nonprofit Account. See a hot item? Let your community know by posting it on your blog; our blog, What Gives?! ; a social messaging utility like Twitter or Utterli ; and your MySpace or Facebook profiles.
Encourage Window Shopping
- Now that you have their attention, make it easy for your community to find the items benefiting your cause. Provide links to your eBay for Charity’ About My Nonprofit page in all your communications with supporters. Here are some ideas:
- Add a weblink to your homepage and use one of our pre-approved graphics to attract your visitors.
- Place a link to your About My Nonprofit page in your email signature. Now everyone you communicate with will be able to easily shop to make a difference.
- Put this pre-made announcement in your newsletter or send out an email blast. Let your supporters know they can avoid crowded malls and crazy parking lots by shopping from the comfort of their couch to find great deals that support your cause on eBay for Charity.
Close the Deal
- Since you’re driving all sorts of traffic to your About My Nonprofit page, maximize the space you have to inspire support. Make sure your logo is uploaded to your profile and your mission statement outlines your goals.
- It is also smart to illustrate how your organization will use the funds raised from the listings. A clear and compelling message will help turn those browsers into buyers.