- October 14, 2008
- Raise Money to Break the Cycle of Poverty in November!
- This November, eBay for Charity is shining a Spotlight on Ending Poverty and we want your organization to get involved.
- Spotlight on Ending Poverty is an online event to raise funds and awareness for organizations that are part of this worthy fight. If your nonprofit supports initiatives to break the cycle of poverty at home or abroad, we would like to shine our spotlight on you.
- Your nonprofit can benefit in several key ways by joining Spotlight on Ending Poverty:
Enjoy Extra Visibility
Starting November 1st, your organization’s name will be featured on a special list of participating nonprofits at http://www.ebay.com/endingpoverty
Raise funds around the clock! Every time a listing that benefits your organization sells, you get a donation. It’s that easy.
Attract New Donors
As the holidays near, take advantage of generous holiday spirits and reach out to new supporters. eBay has 84 million active users, all of whom could be potential donors. Every listing that benefits your nonprofit features your logo and mission statement – the perfect way to spread the word about your work and engage new supporters. Your organization can also receive cash donations through Donate Now on your About My Nonprofit page.
Sign Up Now!
- To join Spotlight on Ending Poverty, sign up by October 31st, 2008. Space is limited, so join now!
- If your organization has not sold on eBay, there is absolutely no better time to get started. The holiday season is almost upon us and this is the perfect opportunity for you to raise the profile of your organization. You can list items such as your organization’s merchandise, books, and tickets to your events.
- And don’t forget – the eBay for Charity Fee Credit makes it essentially free for your nonprofit to sell on eBay.
- Join our eBay for Charity 101 call. A member of our Community Care team, will show you step-by-step how to successfully fundraise with eBay. eBay for Charity conference calls are every 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month at 12pm EST. Sign up for a call
Get the Word Out
- Be sure to tell donors they can use eBay for Charity to support your work by buying or selling items to benefit your organization. Encourage them to buy gifts that do good this holiday season by bidding on listings benefiting your organization. We have plenty of tips and free marketing tools to help you spread the word.
- Many of your supporters may already be regular eBay users, so make sure they know to select your nonprofit to benefit from the next item they list in the eBay Sell Your Item form. Their listing will be searchable in four separate places for an unparalleled opportunity to attract more bids and higher final sale prices.
Use our free marketing tools
- Put our pre-made article on your website, in an email to your listserv, your e-newsletter and your blog.
Add an email signature and a weblink that directs supporters to your About My Nonprofit Page.