- July 24, 2008
- $150M Funds Raised For Good Causes on the eBay Platform
- The eBay Community, reaches a new milestone in helping causes around the world.
- We are proud to announce that the eBay community has raised more than $150 million for global causes through charity listings on eBay.com. eBay for Charity, which facilitates online fundraising on the eBay marketplace and is powered by MissionFish, announced the $150 million milestone at the eBay Live! Community Conference in Chicago.
- "Last year at eBay Live! we were proud to announce the eBay Community had surpassed $100 million in funds raised for charity, and in just one year, that number has increased by 50 percent," said Kristin Cunningham, general manager, eBay for Charity. The program recently launched several exciting changes to make donating easier, including the latest feature, Donate Now.
$150 Million Donation Milestone
- Weston Jewelry was one of the sellers who helped surpass the $150 million charity donation mark, through the sale of a natural ruby and diamond ring. They donated 100 percent of the ring's sale price to UNICEF to benefit the victims of the recent Myanmar Cyclone disaster, as Myanmar is known for its stunning rubies.
- "We are fortunate to have a successful business on eBay and feel it's important to give back by regularly selling with eBay for Charity to benefit various causes," said Michael Magnotti, owner of Weston Jewelry.
- We would like to thank our incredible community of eBay buyers and sellers for their outstanding efforts to support worthy causes and encourage them to continue their good work. Everyone at eBay and MissionFish is proud of your dedication and we look forward to another successful year!