- June 26, 2008
- 2008 Golden Ribbon Award Winners
- eBay for Charity recognizes top community members at eBay Live!
- The top Community and Direct Sellers were recognized last week during eBay’s annual Community conference, eBay Live!. This marked the second year the awards were given to outstanding members of the eBay for Charity community, recognizing them for their generous donations and advocacy of the program.
- This year’s winners include:
2008 Golden Ribbon Award, Community Seller:
Danna Crawford, danna
- Danna Crawford, who has been selling a variety of clothing, household, entertainment and sporting goods items on eBay for over 10 years, supports various nonprofits through her eBay listings. She has also served as a committed eBay for Charity advocate, launching an eBay Group called "Just Be Cause Auctions, " to help other sellers grow their eBay businesses through cause marketing. Crawford also shares the benefits of eBay for Charity through her radio personal radio show and through her eBook, called "Charity Auctions."
2008 Golden Ribbon Award, Nonprofit:
Make Yourself Foundation, Incubus, makeyourselffoundation
- The Make Yourself Foundation is a nonprofit organization conceived by the members of the rock band Incubus, which auctions tickets and memorabilia via eBay for Charity. The Foundation allows band members to use a portion of their proceeds from all band-related activity and online eBay sales to fund various environmental and arts-related causes which include the Surfrider Foundation , Save the Music , Future Forests and Heal the Bay. Last year, the Foundation raised over $600,000 for causes like these via eBay for Charity auctions.
2008 Top Community Selling Fundraiser Award:
Todd Denlinger, snowdealsnow
- In 2007, ski equipment seller, Todd Denlinger, located in Warriors Mark, Pa., raised over $80,000 for Farm Sanctuary , the leader in farm animal protection. This marks the second year that Denlinger has won this award after donating 10 percent of sales to Farm Sanctuary.
2008 Top Nonprofit Fundraiser through Direct Selling Award:
CarAngel Ministries, boat angel
- With the goal of aiding the world's impoverished and underprivileged women and children, CarAngel provides them with scholarships, means of transportation and educational/rehabilitation materials. It raised over $3.62 million in 2007 by selling vehicles and boats on eBay. CarAngel also received this inaugural award in 2007.
- We would like to extend our congratulations to the 2008 Golden Ribbon Award winners and encourage all our community members to continue their good work!